Dear Sisters and Brothers:
You are cordially invited to attend the stated meeting on Friday, January 24, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. for the purpose of receiving petitions and transacting any business that may legally come before the Chapter. Tonight is “Comfy Slippers Night”!
Collation: Collation will be under the direction of Sister Lisa F. Britko, PM,, Associate Matron, assisted by the Sister Judy A Porter and Brother Robert M. Porter Jr, PP.
Rehearsals reminder: 2/14, 3/13, 4/10, 5/8, 6/12 – all will be at 6:30pm. Please watch the Facebook site and look for emails for more updates.
From your Secretary
Dues notices were included in the December mailing by first class mail. If you are suffering from financial hardship and unable to pay dues -please contact your Sister Secretary so work out payment plan or solution. The Paypal ability is up and running since December 2018 and you can pay on line by going to http://blog.pilgrimchapter-oes.org/dues/ . NOTE: There is an additional fee accrued that happens when you pay on line which is the cost of the convenience of on line Paypal usage.
As always please update your Secretary with changes to you address, phone number and email. Also it is very important that you make sure your family members know that if you should pass away or become incapacitated that they should let the Secretary or the Worthy Matron of the Chapter know. And should you be a Past Matron or Past Patron of this Chapter, consider donating back your jewel to the Chapter. We love and appreciate our Pilgrim Chapter history and do like to hand down those jewels to our subsequent Matrons and Patrons so that your legacy may continue.
Our 100th Anniversary!
Did you know we were Instituted on December 17, 1920 and Constituted on October 28, 1921! Our Committee to plan our centennial celebration of Pilgrim Chapter is up and running with several terrific ideas which are already being put to work Be prepared over the next few months to hear a little each month about our plans with many “Save the Date” celebration days. Contact Srs. Lisa Proulx or Joan Smith for more information.
We have a few opportunities of Service work coming up to help the Community:
- Our Worthy Matron is collecting scarves for the warmth drive. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to assist on this project.
- Sr. Jen Pizzi is in charge of the collection of games and toys for Shriners Hospital and the Lap Quilt blankets for Shriners. These Quilts should be in the range of 40inch squared and they are looking themed ones for more for teens and older boys rather than baby and young girls. Contact her at email@example.com
Happy wishes: Congratulations to Sr. Nykola Isaia, Maureen Lund, Tara Lane, and Br. Andrew Lane on joining our Chapter. We hope that you enjoy your membership here and will be happy to involve you with all the service work you wish to do.
Suppers: Our suppers season kicked off on January 8 and was successful. Upcoming suppers include 2/3, 2/17, 2/24, 3/2, 3/17, 3/23, 3/30, 4/13. We are in need of cooks/chairpersons for the following suppers that neither Sr Lisa or Shelley can man.:
Feb 17 (Mon) – 30 men
Feb 24 (Mon) – 30 men
March 2 (Mon) – 30 men
March 17 (Tues)- 25 men
April 13 (Mon)-30 men
It would be wonderful to have more members sign up to chair/cook just one of these suppers. It is not hard to do and if we all teamwork together and share the load we can get the work done on our biggest fundraiser. Contact Sr. Lisa Britko if you can assist on any suppers, remember many hands make light work
Thinking of You: Get well wishes to Sr Jane LC Decelle after her recent neck surgery, and Sr. Evelyn Dailey as she recuperates from a fractured Right shoulder. Our Worthy Matron and her family had a lovely trip to NYC and returned with an uninvited guest of a Flu bug. Best wishes as they recover.
Sympathy: Our condolences to Br Larry D. and Sr Shelley M. Gullett on the loss of their Grandson, to Br. Brett and Sr. Kat Fagan on the loss of Brett’s grandmother, to Sister Lisa K. Hollis on the loss of her uncle.
Eastern Star opportunities:
- OES Educational Scholarships- The OES Educational Scholarship, Albert D Miner Scholarship, and Mabel Temple Newton Scholarship have been combined to be managed by one committee, and one application is used for all 3 scholarships. There is no longer any requirement for nomination per chapter, so several applications can be submitted from one Chapter. Eligibility requirements and Applications are available on the OES website or from your chapter secretary. They are due to the committee by June 1.
- The ESTARL Award Scholarship is given to candidates who are seeking to continue their education in the religious field, either as a minister, lay person, director of church music, director of youth leadership, director of religious education or any other study related to religion. ESTARL recipients do not need to have Eastern Star or other Masonic Fraternal relations. If anyone knows a minister or youth group leader who seeks to further their studies, please get an application for them. Due date for applications is June 1
- The “A Ball For the Ages” 2020 Charity Ball takes place on Saturday April 4th at the Doubletree by Hilton Hotel in Nashua Formal Attire or 1920’s ‘Great Gatsby inspired costumes. Tickets are on sale now available through Lisa Proulx PM (firstname.lastname@example.org) – Meal and Dance = $50pp/ $100 per couple; Dance only (no meal)= $20pp.Meal deadline March 16th. Room reservations go through hotel. If anyone would like their name listed in the Ball Program Ad please contact your Secretary- Sister Joan is taking $1 per name listing. She needs your name no later than MARCH 1, .2019.
- ‘Pirates of Tortuga Isle -Curse of the Dead Mans Chest’ Murder Mystery Dinner event is Saturday March 14th in Nashua. Cost is $30pp, $50 per couple. For tickets and info contact Jenny Taylor -Arnold PM at Jennifer.email@example.com
- Legislation Review date is coming up fast – on March 22. If you have suggested changes to our Legislation for next year- get them to Sr Shelley Gullett PGP Gr Secy ASAP. Also we now have a current copy of the 2019 Const. Rules and Regs. electronically. If anyone would like it in that format please message Joan Smith WGM, Secy
|Roz Arroyo 1-28-83
Stephen Bahsler 1-28-11
Ron Carbary 1-28-00
David Hunt 1-23-09
Sandra Linton 1-28-59
Margaret Lowrance 1-26-18
|Lauri McMullen 1-12-77
Meryon Miner 1-2-68
Jennifer Pizzi 1-25-19
Anne Senter 1-8-62
Valerie Sonner 1-28-00
Mary Yannetti 1-23-09
At our last meeting: In December we welcomed to 4 new members- Srs. Nykola, Maureen, Tara, and Br. Andrew, and assigned mentors. We presented Mother Hen pins to Srs Lisa Hollis, Lisa Britko, Tatiana Fowler. The WGM presented a Grand Representative appointment to Sr Aimee K Busby W.M.
Nashua Assembly #9 I.O.R.G.: The Rainbow Girls are actively looking for new members, as well as Majority members and Eastern Star members which they can emulate. If you wish to help out, please feel free to stop in a meeting sometime. They are always looking for new members. If you know of a girl, age 11-20 years old, who could benefit from the lessons taught therein, please call Sister Lois Taylor, Mother Advisor, at 603-377-6877. Meetings are held on the first and third Thursdays of each month (excluding July and August) at 7:00 pm.
Rainbow Pledge Group: The pledge girls are actively looking for new members! Please call Sister Jessica Kellar Stock at 978-228-0059 if you know of a girl between 6 & 11 years old who would like to join. Our Sparkles- a group for girls age 4-6 years old- also meet at that time.
Jan 11- 1pm Shrine Installation- Grappone Center -Concord
Jan 11- Nashua #9 Installation of Officers- 4pm
Jan 12- Mad Hatters mtg- Penacook- 1:30pm
Jan 15- Rising Sun mtg
Jan 16- James Farrington Pleiades #7 OV
Jan 16- Nashua #9 mtg
Jan 18- Sawhegenit #52 OV
Jan 25- 26- Masonic Family Leadership Conference- Portsmouth
Feb 3- Priscilla #51 OV
Feb 6- Nashua #9 mtg
Feb 11- Ancient York mtg
Feb 11- PM/PP mtg – 6pm
Feb 28-March 1- CANAM- in Rockport Maine ( registrations due end of January)
From the East:
Sisters and Brothers,
I can’t believe 2020 is here! I hope that everyone had a great holiday season and that this new year has many blessings for you all. Thank you to all who brought in scarves (and hats and gloves). Some have been distributed in public places, and due to the very generous amount of donations we will be taking some to the local shelter. Our January meeting will be “warm fuzzies” night! Kick off your heels and wear your comfy slippers for a $5 donation to Suicide Prevention. Also a perfect time to bring lap quilts/ blankets for patients at Shriners Hospital.
In Love and Light,
Aimee K Busby, WM
Brian J Smith, PGP, WP